Greater New Bedford Community Health Center is closely monitoring the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and we want to do all we can to help our community stay safe and healthy. We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Mass Department of Public Health (MDPH) for guidelines in caring for our patients. We will help patients understand their symptoms and guide them to further appropriate testing which may include a test for the COVID-19 virus.
If you are experiencing fever, cough, or difficulty breathing and have traveled to an area with widespread transmission of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, please contact the Health Center prior to arriving. Please see the CDC website for the list of areas of widespread COVID-19 transmission which is updated frequently. When you arrive at the Health Center, please follow the directions posted on entry doors to help us determine if a mask may be needed for you during your visit.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• When coughing or sneezing, always cover your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow or tissue. Wash your hands after every time.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with individuals who have a fever or cough
• Stay home when you are feeling sick.
The CDC believes at this time that symptoms of the new coronavirus may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 after exposure. Symptoms can include:
•Shortness of breath
Reported COVID-19 illness has ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death.