- Choose your doctor or nurse
- Get a bill with a list of charges
- Know the names and jobs of the people who take care of you
- Have your records seen only by your doctor or nurse
- Get an answer quickly when you ask something
- Know how we work with other places to take care of you
- Get a copy of our patient rules
- Know about free and low cost health care
- See your records and get a copy of them
- Say no to having students or observers help take care of you
- Say no to being in research or education projects
- Be alone with your doctor or nurse when they treat you
- Be treated right away if you might die, even if you don't have insurance or cannot pay
- Know the facts about any test or treatment before you say yes to it
- Get copies of bills we send to other places that take care of you
- Know how your doctor works with the other places that take care of you-including if he or she is paid by them
- Get copies of bills to or payments from your insurer or health care program
- For patients with breast cancer, to be told about all the ways it can be treated
- For patients getting breast implants, to be told about all the risks
- For women having a baby, to know the facts about all the things we may do during labor and birthGet help with pain
Accredited by the Joint Commission
The Greater New Bedford Community Health/Dental Center wants to provide every patient with good quality health care. It is important that all patients become a partner with the health care providers by taking the following responsibilities:
Provide complete medical information about present health problems, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters regarding my health.
- Ask questions about any part of my medical care that I do not understand.
- State concerns about my ability to follow the treatment plan.
- Keep appointments when referred to other physicians.
- Follow medical treatment plans or take responsibility for results if plans not followed.
- Call the Health/Dental Center at least 24 hours in advance if unable to keep scheduled appointment.
- Be courteous and respectful of the rights of other patients and Health/Dental Center staff.
- Respect Health/Dental Center and other persons' property.
- Know and understand my health insurance plan.
- Payment to the Health/Dental Center at the time of service.
- Observe the Health/Dental Center's No Smoking and No Weapons Policy.
- Keep all scheduled appointments. After three repeat missed appointments, a patient may not be allowed to make another appointment at the Health/Dental Center.
Failure to meet these responsibilities may result in my no longer being able to receive services at the Greater New Bedford Community Health/Dental Center.