Comprehensive and Convenient Care for Seniors
The Greater New Bedford Community Health Center Geriatric Department is dedicated to the care and well-being of patients 60 years and older.
- Primary care
- Hypertension, cholesterol, diabetes
- Poor vision and hearing loss
- Respiratory and cardiac conditions
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Urinary incontinence and constipation
- Cancer screenings
- Neurological conditions
- Pressure ulcers and skin care
- Fall assessment and mobility
- Mental status Assessment
In addition to primary care, Health Center staff members also determine the eligibility and need for community or home services and make referrals as indicated. Nurses are available to help with medication and pre-filling medication boxes if needed.